Analytics Controls Technician- Roberts Sinto Corporation
Who We Are
Roberts Sinto Corporation, in Grand Ledge MI is part of the Sinto America Group of companies, the North American subsidiary of Sintokogio, Ltd., a worldwide family of companies with a global reputation for excellence in the manufacturing industry.
Sinto America offers innovative, top-class solutions to meet the needs of our customers and industries, with operating companies dedicated to providing superior customer service through practical, cost effective and technologically advanced equipment and service solutions across North America.
Sinto America is comprised of seven primary segments, including Foundry Mold and Core Making, Sand Processing, Bulk Material Handling, Automation, 3D Ceramic Printing, Surface Treatment, and Surface Technologies.
Roberts Sinto Corporation is a leading company in the design and manufacture for foundry, surface treatment and material handling markets. Founded over 50 years ago, Roberts Sinto began as an engineering and manufacturing firm with an emphasis on equipment for the foundry industry. As the industries have evolved, Roberts Sinto has developed and refined its capabilities to offer a broad range of services and equipment for all industrial applications.
Roberts Sinto is currently seeking a Analytics Controls Technician to join our Team in Grand Ledge, MI
What You Will Do
We are looking for an entry level Analytics Controls Technician to interpret, modify, and program PLCs to support our Sinto Smart Foundry department. Selected candidates will be given the opportunity to learn more about PLC programming and machine processes from seasoned Controls Engineers and Service Technicians. Ideally seeking an ambitious hands-on type of person who desires a long-term career within an Engineering Department. Previous experience working with machine controls, either on the job training or schooling, is desired.
- Interpret and modify Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs and HMIs.
- Interpret Sequence of Operation and Cycle Time Charts.
- Use external tools as well as direct programming to produce PLC logic in order to generate data for analytic reports.
- Work with Controls Engineers, Process Engineers, Service Technicians and Customers to provide the correct data to be generated.
- Download and debug PLC logic while machine is in production either on-site or remotely.
What We Want From You
- Minimum of High School diploma and/or equivalent.
- Experience troubleshooting and modifying PLCs and HMIs.
- Able to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Experience with machine networking.
- Able to use MS Office, especially Excel.
- Travel up to 25% of the time as needed.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to analyze and resolve basic problems. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, extremes of heat and cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program, which features:
- Health coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, at 100% company cost
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company, as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented individuals who drive business success.