Analytics Process Engineer – Roberts Sinto Corporation
Who We Are
Roberts Sinto Corporation, in Grand Ledge MI is part of the Sinto America Group of companies, the North American subsidiary of Sintokogio, Ltd., a worldwide family of companies with a global reputation for excellence in the manufacturing industry.
Sinto America offers innovative, top-class solutions to meet the needs of our customers and industries, with operating companies dedicated to providing superior customer service through practical, cost effective and technologically advanced equipment and service solutions across North America.
Sinto America is comprised of seven primary segments, including Foundry Mold and Core Making, Sand Processing, Bulk Material Handling, Automation, 3D Ceramic Printing, Surface Treatment, and Surface Technologies.
Roberts Sinto Corporation is a leading company in the design and manufacture for foundry, surface treatment and material handling markets. Founded over 50 years ago, Roberts Sinto began as an engineering and manufacturing firm with an emphasis on equipment for the foundry industry. As the industries have evolved, Roberts Sinto has developed and refined its capabilities to offer a broad range of services and equipment for all industrial applications.
Roberts Sinto is currently seeking a Process or Application Engineer to join our Team in Grand Ledge, MI
What You Will Do
Your focus will be to assist our customers and internal teams in the use and deployment of our Sinto Smart Foundry data analysis platform, ePVS, as an expert user. This includes, helping customers select and gather the necessary data to maximize production output. Translating customer data visualization requests into useable dashboards and reports. Maintaining and updating those reports as needed. Install, configure, diagnose, and troubleshoot software and hardware problems to ensure a smooth customer experience. Ultimately, you will be a person our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Become expert at using Sinto Smart Foundry’s ePVS
- Coach customers on and off site in using ePVS
- Understand necessary information required to implement SSF and be able to communicate those needs directly with internal and external stakeholders
- Configure and Deploy edge device hardware for data collection
- Configure and Deploy software backend for data collection in ePVS
- Maintain and update existing dashboards and reports
- Populate new and existing customer installations with new and updated reports
- Identify new areas for data exploration and visualization
- Work closely with engineering to define sequence of operations and data required
- Follow-up with clients to ensure the data being collected is accurate
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including installation and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problems and requests
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
What We Want From You
We prefer a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering. Experience with data analysis, data modeling, machine learning, or artificial intelligence are a plus. A strong ability to break down and understand complex sequence of operations is a must. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people solve issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Knowledge & Skills
- Customer first mentality
- Business Intelligence Tools (Power BI, Tableau)
- Operating systems including Windows, Linux
- Unix Admin skills, command line access only
- Computer systems, strong network knowledge and mobile devices.
- Subnets, Gateway / DNS understanding
- NAT Routing
- PLC basic knowledge
- Scripting languages (ie BASH, Python or Perl)
- Remote desktop applications, SSH
- Cloud technologies –GCP, AWS or Azure
- MS Office suite of tools, especially, Powerpoint
Qualifications (Education, Training, Certification, Licenses, Experience)
- Overall Experience — 3+ years’ experience is preferred for this position.
- Job Training —Employees in this position usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Education — Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering or related field preferred
The Benefits of Joining Our Team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program, which features:
- Health coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, at 100% company cost
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company, as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented individuals who drive business success.