Class Two Machine Operator- National Peening Salem
Class Two Machine Operators shall meet all qualification requirements for Class One Machine Operators and meet the below listed
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
General Shot Peening Knowledge
- Perform and demonstrate knowledge of intensity verification using Almen test strips.
- Perform and demonstrate knowledge of coverage verification.
General Shop Floor Operational Procedures
- Check parts prior to shot peening operation for damage, dings, dents, scratches etc. Report defects to supervisor prior to shot peening operation.
- Handle parts in such a manner so as to protect them and prevent damage.
- Perform and demonstrate knowledge of proper techniques for both masking and unmasking parts.
- Understand and perform work to written instructions.
- Correctly complete all paper work relative to process performed.
Machine Operation Skills
- Properly operate tumble blast wheel machines.
- Properly operate planetary table wheel machines.
- Properly operate swing table wheel machine.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of basic elements of air machines including ID pin machine, gravity fed nozzle machine, pressure generator nozzle machine.
- Perform set up of air machines.
- Listen for any unusual machine noises and report same to supervisor. Identify visual items that may require maintenance and report same to supervisor.
Receiving Freight Procedures
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of different freight bill terms i.e. Prepaid, Collect, COD, Third Party Billing.
- Sign ONLY for undamaged freight containers that are received as Prepaid or Third Party Billing. ALL OTHER SHIPMENTS, NOTIFY SUPERVISOR OR OFFICE PERSONNEL FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- Count pieces of freight to verify quantity on freight bill.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of High School diploma and/or equivalent.
Ability to read and write proficiently.
Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Ability to analyze and resolve basic problems. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, extremes of heat and cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans, company covers about 80% of these cost
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, all are 100% company paid
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.