Machine Operator- National Peening Greenville
Machine Operator is responsible for processes involving the hand cabinet and wheel machines. Has the authority to stop production on the hand cabinets or wheel machines for any reason that may adversely affect the customer’s parts and to inspect parts and sign off on all Blast Clean/Cleaning worksheet First Piece Inspection and Final Inspection blocks. Machine Operators shall demonstrate commitment to responsibilities and tasks listed as
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Always wear safety glasses and proper work clothing including steel toed leather work shoes, long pants and work shirt. Safety glasses, ear plugs and work gloves are available as needed.
Attendance, Punctuality and Attitude
- Be present when scheduled to work. Notify supervisor before or within 1st hour of shift start as to reason for absence or tardiness.
- Be on time when reporting for a work shift or returning from breaks.
- Be willing to work overtime when required.
- Have a positive attitude at all times, show ability to work well with others.
- Show ability to work independently and follow directions.
Work Area Order and Maintenance
- Keep work area, work table and machine free of clutter.
- Keep floor around machine clear of stray shot.
- Empty trash containers as needed. Recycle when available.
- Put back all tooling in the proper storage area after each use.
- Use proper trash or recycle bins as required.
- Learn and practice proper methods of part handling including unpacking new jobs for processing and packing finished work in preparation for shipping.
- Learn the proper use of Overhead Cranes, Tow Motor, strap/slings and Part handling fixtures as required to safely transfer and handle parts.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of basic elements of Shot Peen machines such as, controls and functions of elevator, conveyor, wheel, nozzle, lance, fixture, air pressure, RPM and shot flow.
- Learn to use Almen Gage and Almen strips to verify part processing meets customer requirements.
- Learn to read and understand/complete shop floor paperwork to maintain proper records and meet customer requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of High School diploma and/or equivalent.
Ability to read and write proficiently.
Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Ability to analyze and resolve basic problems. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, extremes of heat and cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans, company covers about 80% of these cost
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, all are 100% company paid
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.