Controller- Roberts Sinto Corporation
The Controller is responsible for all day to day accounting and financial operations of the company, financial reporting and associated record keeping functions; manages all financial operations; implements related policies; directs departmental employees; and, may develop and implement some training initiatives and programs. The Controller is additionally responsible maintaining strong accounting systems and records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This position will be a part of strategic financial planning and assist in overseeing financial operations and systems of the entire company.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development and implementation of goals, policies, internal controls, and procedures relating to financial management, budgeting, accounting, and payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable finance related laws and regulations
- Direct and oversee the financial accounting team
- Coordinate and ensure the timely execution of period and year-end requirements
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements, miscellaneous financial information and management reports
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations and analyze and comment on financial information and key company metrics
- Monitor the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Develop and maintain consistent and best practices for internal and external accounting policies and procedures as well as identify and rectify internal control issues
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
- Coordinate annual budgeting process, including maintenance of company budget, and transfer of final budget information into financial statements.
- Interface with external audit and tax professionals
- Assure completion of necessary tax forms, remits appropriate taxes, assures filing of related reports required by law, and arrange for audit of company’s accounts
- Establish and document departmental employees’ measurable performance criteria
- Develop and implement annual staff training plan
- Manage department budget
Regular activities may include, but not be limited to:
- Meeting or otherwise communicating regularly with Chief Finance Officer
- Meeting regularly with supervisory staff
- Proposing finance related policy in consultation with other managers
- Proposing and managing operational components of the finance budget
- Conducting and/or participating in interviewing and hiring decisions
- Conducting Finance employee performance evaluations
- Identifying training and other employee performance and compliance enhancing needs and opportunities
- Coordinating and directing departmental work and maintaining quality control procedures
- Implementing department and departmental employee related safety requirements and program(s)
- Suggesting process improvements to higher level management
- Developing and maintaining files and archives
- Other activities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual may be required to travel to remote company sites. In some cases, these site visits would correspond to the monthly accounting, reporting, forecasting cycle that occurs between workday 1 and workday 6. Additional international travel to Mexico and Japan may also be required as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required skills and qualifications:
- Four year degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with recent public accounting experience preferred
- In lieu of CPA, an MBA in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years experience in related position
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets
- Some managerial experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP principles, accounting concepts, legal and tax requirements and best practices
- 5+ years experience in the areas of Cost, Management or Financial Accounting, Proficiency with commonly used accounting and MS office suite software programs
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with diverse people
- Good general oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate specifically with employees, customers, vendors, and management
- Extensive experience with financial oversight management
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex problems and provide cost-effective solutions
- Highly self- motivated with ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans, company covers about 80% of these cost
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, all are 100% company paid
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.