Machine Operator, 2nd Shift- Technical Metal Finishing
Who We Are
Technical Metal Finishing, Inc. in Wallingford CT is part of the Sinto America Group of companies, the North American subsidiary of Sintokogio, Ltd., a worldwide family of companies with a global reputation for excellence in the manufacturing industry.
Sinto America offers innovative, top-class solutions to meet the needs of our customers and industries, with operating companies dedicated to providing superior customer service through practical, cost effective and technologically advanced equipment and service solutions across North America.
Sinto America is comprised of six primary segments, including Foundry Mold and Core Making, Sand Processing, Bulk Material Handling, Automation, Surface Treatment, and Surface Technologies.
Sinto America Surface Technologies provides precision shot peening, blasting and cleaning services through its National Peening and Technical Metal Finishing divisions.
Technical Metal Finishing is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Tier 4 Machine Operator to join our Team in Wallingford CT.
What You Will Do
- Read, understand and perform work to written procedures
- Check for tooling adequacy then verify setup on jobs that you have been qualified to process.
- After unloading each completed part, inspect for peen coverage and part quality. To perform this instruction must be able to understand TMF and/or customer operation sheet/drawings.
- Use approved materials and tooling when cleaning residue shot from parts and media material affixed or lodged into parts after vibratory milling.
- Use surface analyzer and measure part surface finish to POP requirements.
- Inspect part and record defects and non-conformances.
- Keep work area floors, worktable and machine free of debris and clutter. Sweep and pick up all shot peen and vibratory milling media from the floor adjacent to the equipment.
- Understand basic principles of TMF’s quality system, especially related to documenting non-conforming materials
- Maintain willingness to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required.
- Have a positive attitude at all times, show ability to work well with others.
- Maintain excellent attendance
What We Want From You
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with ISO-9001, and/or Nadcap quality system is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend business, engineering and operational – manufacturing instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States and provide documentation compliant with ITAR regulations.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program, which features:
- Health coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, at 100% company cost
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company, as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented individuals who drive business success.