Maintenance Personnel- National Peening Bedford Heights
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of maintenance which includes machine and facility. This includes but not limited to machine repairs, mechanical and electrical, designing and repairing tooling and fixtures that are required for the shot peening process, keeping track of inventory, submitting orders for items needed to replenish inventory and coordinating maintenance, repairs and fabrication of in house. Managers, supervisors and employees are responsible for supporting company office policies and initiatives as well as promoting and supporting continuous improvement efforts.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
Daily start up and duties
- Be at work on time
- Check air compressors I.A.W. the air compressor log each morning
- Inspect all forklifts and fill out maintenance responsibility section each morning
- Check preventive maintenance log book to stay on schedule
- Walk around entire shop to observe and listen for screeching bearings, squealing
- Belts, excessive shot on the floor, indicating a leaking machine, ect.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the maintenance area
Peening machine operation and parts running
- Maintenance personnel will be responsible for learning how a peening machine operates
- Maintenance personnel will be asked at times to mask parts and run peening machine after sufficient knowledge is acquired
- Maintenance personnel will be asked to make machine setups as required after sufficient knowledge is acquired
- Maintenance personnel will be asked to clean parts with acetone and prepare parts for shipping
- Maintenance personnel may be asked to do work outside his skill sets.
Skill set, knowledge and misc.
- Maintenance personnel shall be very proficient in fabrication of metal, rubber and UHMW plastic
- Shall be very proficient in the operation of a Mig welder
- Shall be very proficient using acetylene torch
- Knowledgeable in interpreting technical drawings specifically engineering and mechanical drawings
- Service and perform basic repair on delivery truck and forklifts
- May be asked to travel and stay overnight for job related activities
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal
Record Keeping, Safety and Quality
Responsible for all maintenance records
Maybe asked to obtain certification for internal auditing and become an internal auditor I.A.W. ISO 9001 and Nadcap AC7004 standards
Inspect building for electrical issues such as defective lighting, electrical panels left open, etc.
Assist Quality Manager, Production Manager or operator when performing machine calibrations
General Maintenance Area
- Responsible for all tools, both hand and power
- Create and maintain an inventory list for all tools, spare parts and miscellaneous items related to maintenance
- Improve maintenance areas by continuously implementing 5 “S”
- Make sure area is organized and floor is free from foreign objects such as nuts,bolts tape, metal, wood or anything else that does not belong
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or Associate’s degree (A. A.) and two years related experience and/or equivalent experience is preferred. Familiarity with ISO-9001, and/or Nadcap AC7004 quality system is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend business, engineering and operational/manufacturing instructions, correspondence, and memos. Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Statistical comprehension desired.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in certain areas of the work environment can be loud. The entire production area is dusty. It is common knowledge that someone who works in maintenance is subjected to come in contact with grease, oil and other foreign material associated with repair work. Safety glasses and steel toed shoes are required on the manufacturing floor.