Process Engineer- Technical Metal Finishing
The Process Engineer is responsible for overseeing the design and development of NPI for the local plant. This includes but is not limited to process development support for new programs involving surface modification as well as supporting lean and continuous improvement efforts. This position will work with the Plant manager and Quality Manager to ensure that all process aspects meet Customer requirements and specifications. Additionally this position will assist in the development of the training programs as part of the process design. The Process Engineer will also assist Team in developing method and execution plans to meet production requirements to ensure that we achieve customer requirements for on-time delivery and quality.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (MR’s) AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS (PS’s) include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned:
- Work with both internal and external customers to develop surface enhancement solutions to meet their needs, timeframe and specifications.
- Develop project plan at program start to ensure milestones are known and responsible parties are assigned.
- Work with Plant Leadership to ensure the resources are assigned to achieve a successful outcome, People, Materials and Machinery.
- Develop, as part of the NPI or Continuous Improvement Plan, training materials and critical spares programs to ensure proper execution and a successful project outcome.
- Working with Plant Leadership, ensure that all commercial targets are met in terms of throughput and margin expectations.
Safety and Quality
- Maintain safety standard while working in shop and ensure that Safety of Team Members and Customer product are included in to the NPI process development.
- Ensure that all process development meets or exceeds Customer quality specifications and requirements.
Maintains Professional and Intercompany Team
- Maintains membership and personal participation in industry organizations.
- Develop network within Sinto America to support NPI efforts.
- Remain current on process technologies; attend third party seminars and classes as necessary.
- Conduct business with a high level of integrity, ethics and conduct; operate within the guidelines of all company policies and within the legal boundaries of all applicable laws.
- PS #2 Support the Company’s safety and quality program
- PS #3 Ensure that all materials and data handling are ITAR/EAR compliant and meet Customer cybersecurity requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. /B.A.) or equivalent experience and five (5) to ten (10) years related experience and/or equivalent experience is preferred. Familiarity with NADCAP and AS-9000 quality standards preferred. Also, familiarity with major Aerospace or Medical OEM quality and engineering systems highly desirable. SolidWorks or equivalent 3D modelling experience required.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen for this position and must be able to provide proof of citizenship at hire.
Ability to read and comprehend business, engineering and operational/manufacturing instructions, correspondence, and memos. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees. Proven ability to pull together a Team to achieve a goal or objective.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Statistical comprehension required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in certain areas of the work environment can be loud. The entire production area is dusty. It is common knowledge that someone who works in the Process Engineering role is subjected to come in contact with grease, oil and other foreign material associated with repair work. Safety glasses and steel-toed shoes are required on the manufacturing floor.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans, company covers about 80% of these cost
- 401(k) plan in with a generous company match and profit sharing
- Financial protection through short term and long term disability, life insurance up to $50k of an employee’s base salary, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans, all are 100% company paid
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company as well as paid sick time
- 100% company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which covers family and marriage counseling, addiction counseling, will prep and financial support.
- Tuition reimbursement.