Service Technician- Roberts Sinto Corporation
Provides Roberts Sinto Corporation’s customers with product and technical support. All managers, supervisors, and employees are responsible for supporting company quality policies and initiatives, as well as promoting and supporting continuous improvement efforts.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Sets up, checks out, debugs and runs off RSC equipment.
- Becomes familiar with applicable system requirements such as design, functional specifications, system equipment; routinely completes job check sheets indicating familiarization is complete/incomplete.
- Studies manuals and requests needed training to learn/understand system equipment. Utilizes charts to highlight knowledge, strengths and deficiencies.
- Assists Grand Ledge personnel in debug of equipment. Charts hours of this work to record on-the-job learning has occurred.
Starts up Roberts Sinto equipment in customer plant.
- Writes work schedules to complete job by projected date. Charts actual completion vis-a-vis projections.
- Resolves start-up problems effectively and efficiently. Records problems and resolutions for feedback, corrective action.
- Maintains positive relationship with customer to ensure smooth project turnover. Encourages customer feedback to RSC Customer Service Department.
Completes job related paperwork.
- Maintains daily log indicating job progress, specific problems as such arise.
- Provides weekly written reports regarding job status to Service Manager.
- Completes job sheets correctly, timely.
- Completes expense reports weekly; attaches necessary receipts.
- Transmits to Service Manager all necessary information for inclusion in customer job file, weekly.
Effects positive customer relations.
- Positively represents Roberts Sinto Corporation’s interest at the customer plant.
- Exercises positive communications. Speaks at least daily with customer regarding job status, programs, problems; communicates similarly with Service Manager daily.
- Dresses appropriately for specific work (e.g., shop work, training, sales assistance).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Skill with PLC, Allen Bradley or Mod icon required. Additional classes (courses, seminars) would include: customer service seminar
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in