Why Switch from Hydraulic Cylinders to Electric Cylinders?
Unlike hydraulic cylinders, electric cylinders can operate without hydraulic units or piping, eliminating the risk of oil leaks while conserving energy and space for all-around cost reductions. They also offer more precise load control, naturally resulting in better quality and fewer defects and also helping to streamline inspection processes.
If you are looking for less temperature sensitivity, easy piping and wiring, reduced maintenance costs, reduced power consumption and CO2 emissions and noise reduction- switching from hydraulic to electric is the solution.
Benefits of Switching to Electric Cylinders
Why should you switch from hydraulic to electric?
Less temperature sensitivity
- BEFORE: Operation becomes unstable in cold weather, leading to more defects
- AFTER: Everything works exactly as programmed, regardless of temperature at startup, at night or during the colder months
Easy piping and wiring
- BEFORE: Trying to reduce space but have nowhere to put the hydraulic unit
- AFTER: No need for a hydraulic unit or complicated piping and wiring
Cut annual maintenance costs by 67%
- BEFORE: Have to perform a lot of maintenance to make sure there are no oil leaks
- AFTER: Electric cylinders do not need oil, so no need for oil changes or oil pump replacement
Reduce power consumption and CO2 emissions by 70%
- BEFORE: The motor’s constantly running and eating up electricity
- AFTER: Electric cylinders only run when moving, saving electricity
Reduce noise (dB) by 20%
- BEFORE: The noise and oil smell make this equipment unpleasant to work around
- AFTER: Electric Cylinders keep everything quiet and clean