Sightia Surface Evaluation
Sightia™ is the brand name of the technology used to evaluate residual stress on surfaces after the blasting and peening processes. It was developed by Sinto, delivering surface evaluation treatment as a total package.
Sightia series offers total support for surface evaluation in all industries where high durability is required to be measured. This technology is applicable to various industries, from component parts for automotive, aircraft, and construction machinery to springs, dies, tools, etc.
We have enabled the measurement and inspection of various surfaces that couldn’t be evaluated previously. Sinto offers 2 different measurements. The first option is the ECNI-1 and the second option is the PSMX-II.
- Validate residual stress values
- Nondestructive residual stress validation
- X-ray diffraction
- Surface evaluation technology used after the blasting and peening process
- Fastest in the world, collect data with the PSMX-II and with the ECNI-I in only 10 seconds
- Applicable to various industries and offers total support for surface evaluation where high strength is required
- Gears, auto parts, aerospace, railways, bridges, infrastructure, construction
- Fastest X-ray diffraction residual stress measurement device on the market
- Two models
- Standard model: measures the residual stress on parts after they have been peened, 10 second cycle time
- High Speed model: 6 to 7 second cycle time, provides total visualization of stress value measured at the part surface
- In-line stress measurement device
- Incorporating a single piece process flow achieves inspection of surface residual stresses of all products within cycle time
- It is possible to inspect in-line by integrating the technology into existing shot peening treatment equipment conveyor lines. It makes in-line quality control possible and prevents distribution of defective products
- Non-destructive, inspect the entire peened surface without damaging it
- Uses an eddy current probe to test parts prior to peening to make sure parts are free of defects
- Real-time, in-line inspection device that can be used on parts with an OD between 20-250mm and a width of 20-60mm
- Inspects peening quality without causing damage to parts
- Test data is collected within 3 seconds and a pass/fail result can be determined
- Possible to inspect all products by installing a device into your existing conveyor
Sensor body Dimensions
|Standard type: 9"x 6" x 5"
(231mm x 144.5mm x 118mm)
High-power type: 13" x 5" x 5.5" (322mm x 130.5mm x 140mm)
|Sensor body weight||Standard type: 10 lbs. (Approx. 4.5kg)
High-power type: 20 lbx. (Approx. 9.5kg)
|Power supply unit dimensions||12 " x 12" x 7" (300mm x 302mm x 176mm)|
|Power supply unit weight||13 lbs. (Approx. 6kg)|
|Measurement item||Residual stress|
|Measurement object||Iron (ferrite) *including interlocking PVC shield to fit measurement object|
|Measurement time||Approx. 10 seconds (depending on the measurement object and specifications)|
|X-ray tube||Standard type: Cr-Ka 30kV, 1.6mA 48W|
|Distance from sample||Iron (ferrite)
<1" (20 mm)
|Range of sample in Z axis||<.1" (0.2mm)|
|Dimensions ||14" x 6" x 8"
(358mm x 147mm x 195mm)
|Weight ||2 lbs. (3.0 kg)
|Power Supply ||DC24V, 30W
|Interface ||EXT I/O, SD memory card, RS232C
|Operating temperature and humidity range ||0 - 40° C, 80% or less (non-condensing)
|Memory capacity for judgment conditions ||100 patterns
|Measurement object: Material||Ferromagnetic material such as steel and nickel alloy
|Measurement object: Shape||Axially symmetric parts (a product of non-axially symmetrical parts requires two-axis positioning)
*Probe is designed to fit the object to be measured, outer diameter: 20-25mm width: 20-60mm
|Measurement time ||Approx. 3 seconds
|AC adapter ||AC 100 - 240V
|Storage case Dimensions ||22" x 18" x 10"
(560mm x 455mm x 265mm)
|Storage Case Weight ||16.5 lbs (7.5kg)
|Interface cable ||"D-SUB 15-pin cable 15m (EXT I/O)
D-SUB 9-pin cable 5m (RS232C)"
Request More Info
Please fill out the form below if you would like to be sent more information