Burn off cleaning is a method of removing unwanted coatings by a process known as pyrolysis. Pyrolysis is a thermochemical decomposition of organic material at elevated temperatures in the absence of oxygen (or any halogen). The process for coating or paint removal is accomplished by utilizing environmentally friendly ovens specifically designed for this process. The oven utilizes a chamber with a main burner, an afterburner, and water suppression system in conjunction with automated controls to accomplish removal of the coating without damage to the component or the environment. The control system insures when the unwanted coating is eliminated, the cycle ends and shuts down the oven with no operator intervention required to determine the appropriate cycle times. Part holding fixtures from high volume production painting and powder coating operations are a perfect application for this service. Burn off cleaning is one of the most efficient, economical, and environmentally friendly methods for removing coatings.
- Environmental friendly – Eliminates hazardous chemicals and waste disposal
- Improved product paint quality – Process provides the most consistent cleaning results
- Efficient – Automated systems that are safe, reliable, and fast providing a controlled, repeatable process
- Economical – Significant cost savings compared to other methods
- Ovens include a patented venture diffuser technology, used to distribute heat in the oven and dramatically reduce the temperature of hot gas entering the oven, ensuring that valuable parts will not be overheated.