Texturing is a process utilizing an abrasive media stream propelled against a surface at a high velocity to enhance or modify the existing surface. The purpose for texturing a component could be for any number of reasons, such as providing improved adhesion or friction properties or aesthetics. The process is typically accomplished using pressurized air or centrifugal wheel systems to propel the abrasive media. Media of various sizes, abrasive qualities, and material composition can be utilized depending on the substrate or material being processed, and the desired surface after processing. The media as well as the process parameters of the system used to propel the media are critical to obtain the desired result.
- Sinto Surface Technologies utilizes both pressurized air and centrifugal wheel systems for texturing applications.
- Our technologies include automated systems, blast rooms, and manual hand cabinets for processing your components.
- Various medias such as glass, aluminum oxide, steel, and ceramic are utilized as required to meet your surface requirements
- Capable of processing parts as large as 30’L x 10’H x 10’W
- Larger components evaluated and quoted on a case by case basis